Supplements – Greater Orlando Area, FL
Giving Your Body What It Needs
In order to function at its best, your body needs a balance of key nutrients. Unfortunately, the popular modern lifestyle makes it difficult if not impossible to consume all essential nutrients through foods. That is where supplements come into the picture. If you are interested in boosting your overall wellness with supplements, Dr. Murphy and our team are ready to help. Our guidance can spare you from the hassles (and potential dangers!) of trying to design a supplement regimen on your own. Get in touch with us today to schedule your consultation.
Why Choose Holistic Medicine Wellness Center for Supplements?
- Purchase Supplements from a Trusted Source
- Support from an Experienced Holistic Physician
- Service Tailored to Your Unique Needs
Why Take Supplements?
As a holistic medicine practitioner, Dr. Murphy’s aim is to promote his patient’s health with a view to their long-term wellness. Hence, instead of automatically turning to prescription drugs to help patients deal with symptoms of disease, he would much rather empower their bodies to prevent and manage disease as naturally as possible.
He often recommends supplements because:
- Many people primarily consume processed foods or genetic hybrids that are lacking in key nutrients.
- Even fruits and vegetables are not as nutritious as they should be if they are grown in soil depleted of nutrients.
- It is common for people’s bodies not to absorb nutrients as well as they should, especially if they have digestive issues or certain medical conditions.
- Even individuals who are careful about what they eat may not be getting all the vitamins and minerals they need. This is especially true for people who exercise a lot; increased physical activity leads to an increased demand for nutrients.
Make Sure Your Supplements Are Benefitting You
Dietary supplements can certainly be a beneficial part of your daily wellness regimen! However, you should not simply head to the nearest pharmacy or grocery store and pick up the first supplements you see. There are a few different reasons for this:
- Supplements can interact with one another and with certain medications. You should have the guidance of a professional when you are choosing which supplements to take.
- All the supplement options can be overwhelming. Dr. Murphy can recommend specific supplements based on your unique needs and goals, whether you want to lose weight, have more energy, or lower your risk of certain diseases.
- Many supplements are lacking in purity or are provided in a form that is difficult for the human body to process. The supplements that Dr. Murphy recommends might cost more than what you can get from the local corner store, but their effectiveness makes them a superior value.
Dr. Murphy’s Favorite Supplements
Of course, the supplement regimen that Dr. Murphy recommends for you will be tailored to your unique needs. Some of the ones that he often recommends include:
- Liposomal turmeric (Also known as Meriva). Adding this supplement to food can help reduce inflammation and minimize aches and pains without the harsh effects of certain anti-inflammatory medications.
- This is one of the most well-known supplements for anti-aging benefits, such as memory, skin, and cardiovascular support. Resveratrol can help repair and improve vascular function for the brain and cardiovascular system.
- Zinc carnosine. Traditionally, people take anti-acids to deal with acid reflux, but long-term use of acid blockers has been linked to increased risk of fractures, nutritional deficiencies, and cancer. Zinc carnosine can help support the lining of the stomach from acid production rather than decreasing acid which is required to help digest food.
- COQ10. As we age, our energy levels tend to decline. According to one theory, this may be partly because our body’s mitochondria decrease over time. COQ10 supports mitochondrial function. Certain medications can also deplete COQ10 in the body. Supplementing COQ10 as we age or with certain medications may help increase energy and decrease certain side effects.
- Glutathione. We are constantly exposed to chemicals, toxins, and various preservatives. When we interact with these substances, it is the job of the liver to carry out a detoxification process. Glutathione is one of the substances it uses to accomplish that task. Certain foods and supplements help to replenish glutathione, which in turn can help with inflammation, allergies, skin issues, and overall detoxification.