Nutritional Testing – Orlando, FL
Get Insight into Your Health
You may do your best to eat well, but is your body getting all the nutrients it needs to function at its best? What supplements should you be taking? Dr. Murphy and our team would like to help you find the answers to those and other questions with nutritional testing in Orlando. These noninvasive tests can provide reports on your body’s vitamin and mineral content, thereby steering you toward improved daily habits that can optimize your health.
Types of Tests
Listed below are the two primary types of nutritional tests that we use. Depending on your unique circumstances, we may recommend that you take one or both of them.
Our practice uses the Metabolomix+ urine test to help patients learn about:
- Vitamin needs
- Their body’s enzyme makeup
- Toxins in the body, as well as detoxification markers
- Oxalate markers (which are related to kidney stone formation)
- Whether their diet is anti- or pro-inflammatory
- And more!
The test is highly accurate and noninvasive — all you have to do is provide a urine sample, and it will be thoroughly analyzed with the goal of helping you understand your health.
Our practice prefers Trace Elements hair testing. By taking just a small, discreet sample of your hair, this thorough test can offer insight into things such as:
- Your body’s mineral status
- What sort of toxic load your body has
- How your nervous system is operating
- Potential food allergies
Benefits of Nutritional Testing
Here are some benefits that you may reap from these simple tests:
- Help with supplement selection. Many people who take supplements are just guessing what their body needs. These tests can spare you from spending money on unnecessary supplements and allow you to focus on what can truly improve your health.
- Diet guidance. There is no “one size fits all” diet plan. You should be able to tailor your eating habits to your body’s unique needs.
- Assistance with weight management. There is a lot of weight loss advice floating around in the world — but much of it is ineffective or even unhealthy. Nutritional testing can help you design a weight loss eating plan that doesn’t neglect your body’s vitamin and mineral needs.
- Disease management. Fibromyalgia and autoimmune patients can often manage their symptoms by focusing their eating habits on anti-inflammatory foods.
- Better emotional health. Often, mood disorders can be exacerbated by nutritional deficiencies. A test can reveal if such deficiencies may be partially responsible for irritability, sadness, difficulty concentrating, and other problems.
Are you interested in nutritional testing? Contact our office today to schedule an appointment with our holistic medicine team.